Our leak detection professionals use advanced microphone, camera, and radio technology to locate leaks in pools, spas, and connected water features and accessories. If you suspect you have a leak in your pool DON’T wait to get it fixed. A leaking pool can add hundreds of dollars to a water bill monthly presenting an urgent need to find and repair the leak or leaks. If you wait you will likely pay more to your water company than you would have to have a leak found and repaired immediately.
Pools, Spas, and Water Features
Signs that you may have a leak:
- Water loss more than ¼ inch per day
- Waterline tile or pool wall cracks
- Equipment consistently loses prime
- Deteriorated water features
- Can’t keep salt or stabilizer in the pool even when not in use
- Unusually high water utility bills (if you have an auto-filler)
- Pool fails a bucket test
We perform leak repairs on all types of permanently installed in-ground concrete or fiberglass swimming pools, spas, and water features.
Leak detection services include utilizing advanced equipment to survey:
- Above ground pool equipment: pumps, filters, heaters, fittings
- Underwater and underground pool equipment: lights, skimmers, main drain(s), suction lines, return lines, safety overflow lines
- Cracks or seams in the shell or waterline tile
- Water features and accessories such as: water slides, waterfalls, deck fountains
- Combination pool/spa systems with a waterfall feature into the pool
Once found, repairing a leak is essential. To help you with this, we provide quotes for repair work necessary to fix found leaks. Some repair work can even be done immediately while we are on-site. As licensed and insured swimming pool contractors we can repair nearly any issue that we may find with your pool.
The problem with leaks
- They can be expensive to ignore, adding sometimes hundreds of dollars to your water bill every month.
- They can risk your pool popping out of the ground, if the water level gets too low relative to your groundwater level.
- They don’t go away until you fix them. In fact, if ignored they tend to get worse.
Preparing for a Leak Detection Service
A leak detection service can ONLY be performed on a clean, clear, and safe to enter pool. We cannot perform a leak detection service on a cloudy, dirty, or algae filled pool.
The pool MUST meet the following conditions before our arrival for us to be able to do our work:
- We must be able to see to the bottom. This means that all debris needs to be vacuumed off the bottom of the pool, and that there can be no algae or suspended dirt in the water.
- We must be able to safely enter the water. This means that the chlorine and pH levels must be within safe range.
- We need the water level of the pool to be FULL and filled up to the normal water level of the pool (which is halfway up the skimmer opening) so that we can perform a leak detection to that vertical point in the pool. Note: it must be made full and maintained at that level for at least 2 hours before we begin our service.
- We recommend having a pool service clean and balance your pool beforehand so that when we arrive we can get right to work on your leak detection service.
If the pool does not meet these conditions when we arrive, we will not be able to perform the leak detection service on that visit.