Filter Repair, Replacement, or Upgrades
Our licensed pool repair technicians can repair or replace all brands and types of pool filtration equipment. Whether your pool uses Sand Filters, Cartridge Filters, or Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) Filters, we repair, replace and install all of them.
Which Filter is Best?
Sand filters used to be the go-to filter for pools, but things have changed. Modern cartridge and D.E. filters can filter pool and spa water vastly better than old sand filter systems.
- Sand Filters – can filter out particles as small as 20 microns in diameter
- Cartridge Filters – can filter out particles as small as 5 microns in diameter
- Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) – can filter out particles as small as 3 microns in diameter
By comparison, a red blood cell is typically between 6 and 8 microns in diameter
For the clearest pools D.E. is the clear choice. For the least maintenance pools, cartridge filters are the clear choice.
Having a filter that allows for water to flow through it more efficiently reduces the amount of time required to run the pool pump each day which can save you money each month on your power bill.
Properly sizing a filter can reduce the amount of regular maintenance and cleanings needed to have your pool equipment run well.
When is it time to repair a filter?
- When you see suspended sand in the water, or on the floor of your pool even after vacuuming, you may have a tear in your filter screen or cartridge element.
- Typically, cartridge elements last for around a year, and D.E. Grids can least for several years.
- PSI gauges need replaced every other year
- Many above ground leaks (leaking water, or constant air bubbles in the pool water returns) can be traced back to the unions at a filter
- When your filter cartridge gets dirty every week, it may be time to replace the cartridge element or to increase the size of your pool filter.
Are you having issues with your filter needing too much maintenance?
Call now for a quote on a repair or upgrade of your pool filter.